This is for those of us LDS people who are into politics. If you like politics and are associated with the LDS church in any way, shape or form, you're welcome here. If you need to contact someone regarding a problem, just comment on one of winter_in_asia's posts, or in his journal.
1. mormon_politics is specifically for posting about politics and things associated with politics. Please do not post advertisements, pleas for help, or breeding information for teddy bear hamsters. General rule of thumb: if it can generate a political discussion, it's ok.
2. This is not a forum for bashing the Church, its leaders, doctrine, etc. If you are found to be doing this, you will be given a warning and your post will be removed the first time. If you do it again, you will be banned until you contact me winter_in_asia and grovel for permission to be reinstated.
3. This is also not a community for people to verbally harass each other. We are all (hopefully) mature people. Leave the mudslinging to the politicians. Same consequences apply with this as with rule 1.
4. This forum does not cater to any political party, candidate, or school of thought. I don't care if you're Republican, Democrat, Green Party, Independent, or Anarchist. You're welcome here so long as you're respectful.
5. We are not associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in any way.mormon_politics is not an arm of the LDS or Mormon Church, nor do the oppinions expressed in this journal constitute official church position, doctrine, or teaching. I shouldn't have to say this, but apparently it's not abundantly clear that the LDS Church is not running a community on LJ.
6. You're writing for an audience, so please make your posts readable in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
7. Don't piss off the moderator. I reserve the right to ban anyone for no particular reason at all. I won't, but I still want to reserve that right so I don't have to get in a fight later.